Key Question: What are the dangers of living on river flood plains?
Objective: To produce a case study of the Mississippi floods
During this web quest you will be using various websites to look at the causes, effects and response to the floods of 2005.
The following websites cover the 2005 floods, but if you want to make the case study more recent (May 2011 floods) you will need to find your own websites.
- What were the causes of the 2005 floods?
- What are storm surges?
- What were the social effects of the flooding?
- What were the economic effects of the flooding?
- Why was the height of New Orleans significant?
- How did people respond to the hazard?
- Start from the bottom of the page to see how the disaster unfolded.
The case study will be marked using the level boundaries.